Job Title: Test Engineer Systems Release
Location: Tampa, FL – Currently remote due to COVID-19
FalconTek is a rapidly growing IT modernization and integration company. Our employees are excited about the work that we do. We deliver and customize leading-edge agile solutions, services and products to mission critical organizations, primarily federal government agencies.
We are currently hiring a Test Engineer – Systems Release to support our customer located in Tampa, FL (Currently remote due to Covid-19). Please review the requirements below and if you would like to be considered, we encourage you to apply!
Position overview –
Supporting our customer in Tampa, FL the selected candidate will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, implementation/integration and operations support of all existing and new Infrastructure.
- Perform monthly patch testing, document steps to apply changes, test applications to verify functionality, and document results. Patch testing includes software patches, BIOS, and firmware updates
- Quarterly updating of application test plans
- Experience working with peers to create test plans, test procedures, and test scripts
- Responsible for the management of the equipment/software in the Trace Tampa Lab which includes configuration management and backups
- Manages and maintain the WSUS server for the Tampa Lab
- Responsible for installation and support of Microsoft Server 2012R2, 2016, and 2019 OS
- Responsible for installation and support of standard military network applications (AD, DC, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, Chat, WSUS, SQL, Radius, SharePoint)
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of computing systems
- Maintain the software configuration annex document which keeps track of all software versions on our Virtual Data Center Nodes and the Tampa Lab
- Attend CAB meeting and discuss proposed RFCs from the DEV Team
- Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and network environments following the change management process
- Perform installation, maintenance, and support for our virtualized environment
- Create, submit, and support RFCs and ASIs
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to processes, system configuration, installation, TTPs/SOPs, and test plans (Build guides/books)
- Act as an escalation point for Tier 1 and Tier 2 issues
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of direct experience in the last fifteen (15) years is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering). With at least fifteen (15) years of general experience of which ten (10) years is directly related experience, a degree is not required.
- Position requires an active, in-scope US Government issued Secret/SSBI clearance
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Experience with vSphere, vCenter, VMware Operations Manager, LogInsight, Active Directory, Exchange, Chat, SharePoint, SolarWinds or other complex Windows applications
- Technical lead for medium to large scale projects involving Windows technologies
- Cloud and hybrid cloud deployments
- Experience with Microsoft application deployment automation (i.e. Active Directory, SharePoint, Exchange, Skype/Teams, IIS, MS Certificate Services, SQL and MDT)
- Experience installing or supporting RedHat Linux
- Experience in implementing or supporting VDI environments
- Can communicate complete technical solutions to business partners with minimal direction using understandable language.
- Serves as Storage Administrator in support of NetApp Storage Area Network.?
- Experience with encryption, and TLS configurations
- Experience with Public and Private Key services (Design and Implementation)
- Experience with anti-spam, encryption and email tracking, TLS configurations, transport rules, and e-discovery
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts for administration/automation
- Experience supporting Coalition, Military, and/or Government agencies
- Additional professional Microsoft or VMware certs
- Experience applying software patches, group policy, and STIGs
- Experience working in and supporting a VMware virtualized environment
- Solid experience with Microsoft applications in a VMware virtual environment
- Experience in implementing and troubleshooting vCenter and Virtual Machines
- Experience in implementing Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage
- Experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Power Point, & Excel
- Exposure to architecture review boards and has contributed to deliverables presented at review boards
- Hands on experience with diagnosing and resolving complex technical issues
- Ability to manage time and work independently on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Collaborates with the Development Team, and escalates, if necessary, to ensure objectives of project/task are achieved on time
- Strong communication skills; in-person, over the phone, and written
- Must be able to lift IT equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work on MacDill Air Force base at CENTCOM for up to 20% of the time
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Required Security Clearance:
Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret/SSBI with the ability to obtain TS/SCI eligibility
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.