Title: Task Order Action Officer
Location: DC – COVID remote, able to return on-site when needed.
Clearance: US Citizen, Able to obtain public trust
FalconTek is a rapidly growing IT modernization and integration company. Our employees are excited about the work that we do. We deliver and customize leading-edge agile solutions, services and products to mission critical organizations, primarily federal government agencies.
We are currently hiring a Task Order Action Officer to support our customer located in Washington, DC (Currently remote due to Covid-19). Please review the requirements below and if you would like to be considered, we encourage you to apply!
Position overview –
Supporting our customer in Washington, DC the candidate will:
- Oversee the performance, schedule, and deliverables to ensure it matches intent; including conducting compliance checks on all Cerner deliverables to ensure that the deliverable meets the requirements as outlined.
- Ensure compliance to deliverable schedule and communicate preliminary recommendations.
- Develop a deliverable requirements traceability matrix to ensure all Cerner deliverables are accurately checked against the current contract requirements.
- Provide programmatic support to key strategic efforts by maintaining cross-cutting programmatic reporting.
- Measure progress and status, including project gate completion by tracking metrics.
- Manage outreach to senior management approval or rejection of contract deliverables.
- Facilitate key takeaways and communicate weekly status updates to senior management.
- Develop briefings on topics pertaining to electronic health record solution, including Executive status briefings, Course of Action briefings, other decision briefings.
- Identify risks, issues and develop mitigation strategies related to scope, schedule, and cost elements across multiple workstreams.
- Monitor deficiencies in contract deliverables and provide actionable feedback to ensure plans align to the contractual scope.
- Communicate key information on topics such as program status, risks, action items, technical challenges, milestones across functional and technical areas of the program.
- Work under deadline and in close contact with senior government and contract leadership.
- Develop and maintain internal document management policies, standard operating procedures, business process diagrams, and strategic plans.
- 10+ years of professional work experience
- Strong leadership, written/oral communications, analysis, data gathering and organization skills
- Experience managing Information Technology related projects
- Well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies
- Experience in tracking costs, schedule, and performance progress
- Able to identify and mitigate risks
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline or an additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
This position requires that you be vaccinated against Covid-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation for religion or a health-related need. Weekly testing may also be required.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.