Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Ft. Meade, MD (Currently remote due to COVID, may return on-site)
Clearance: Secret SSBI (Eligible to obtain TS/SCI)
FalconTek is a rapidly growing IT modernization and integration company. Our employees are excited about the work that we do. We deliver and customize leading-edge agile solutions, services and products to mission critical organizations, primarily federal government agencies.
We are currently hiring a Systems Engineer to support our customer located in Ft. Meade, MD (Currently remote due to Covid-19). Please review the requirements below and if you would like to be considered, we encourage you to apply!
Position overview –
Supporting our customer in Ft. Meade, MD the selected candidate will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, implementation/integration, and operations support of all existing and new Infrastructure.
- With minimum guidance provides top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis
- Designs architectures to include the software to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures
- Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture. Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including software updates or upgrades
- Formulates and defines specifications for operating system applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Creates detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members. Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. Develops software design documents and technology white papers
- Instrumental in selection of development tools. Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products
- Engineer messaging systems, Windows Server Enterprise supported by the infrastructure team by performing server builds, virtual machine management, server maintenance, etc.
- Install, maintain, and monitor equipment, which may include network and server infrastructure, application systems and database systems
- Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and messaging environments through following an institutionalized change management process
- Responsible for solving problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations requires evaluation and judgment
- Responsible for evaluating current systems; assisting in designing solutions for our government client, and at times, can provide informal supervision, leadership, and training to less experienced technicians
- Act as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups
- Work with ticket queue to track support issues
- Available to provide after-hours support
- Willing and available for on-call and exercise support
- Willing and available up to travel 10% during times of implementation
- Perform other duties as required
- Position requires Seven (7) to ten (10) years of direct experience in the last fifteen (15) years
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering). With at least fifteen years of general experience of which ten years is directly related experience, a degree is not required.
- Technical Certification in area of expertise (for Admin Access)
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret w/SSBI clearance is required
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required
- Extensive experience with Microsoft applications in a VMware virtual environment
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting vCenter and Virtual Machines
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting Virtual Networking configurations
- Strong experience in implementing Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage
- Extensive experience with anti-spam, encryption and email tracking, TLS configurations, transport rules, and e-discovery
- Strong Experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, ADFS
- Strong experience with Public and Private Key services (Design and Implementation)
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts for administration/automation. Specifically, for the automation of Day 1 – Day 3 Operations automation
- Serves as Storage Administrator in support of NetApp Storage Area Network. Lead implementation, design, development, and maintenance of NetApp filers in a VMware datacenter
- Experience with VMware Operations Manager, Log Insight, Subject Matter Expert with either Active Directory, Exchange, VMware, SharePoint, or other complex Windows applications
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.
- Technical lead for large scale projects involving Windows technologies
- Cloud and hybrid cloud deployments
- Experience with Microsoft application deployment automation (i.e., Active Directory, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync/Teams, IIS, MS Certificate Services, SQL, and MDT)
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Required Security Clearance:
Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret/SSBI with the ability to obtain TS/SCI eligibility
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.