Job Title: System Steward/ Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Location: Currently COVID remote, will return on-site in Washington, DC
Clearance: Able to obtain a public trust (US Citizen)
FalconTek is a rapidly growing IT modernization and integration company. Our employees are excited about the work that we do. We deliver and customize leading-edge agile solutions, services and products to mission critical organizations, primarily federal government agencies.
We are currently hiring a System Steward/Information Systems Security Officer to support our customer located in Washington, DC (Currently remote due to Covid-19). Please review the requirements below and if you would like to be considered, we encourage you to apply!
Position overview –
Supporting our customer in Washington, DC the selected candidate will:
- Lead an effort (i.e., assigned packages) supporting the cybersecurity management to the OEHRM implementation of a VA-DoD EHR. Support to the management of risk items and the cybersecurity aspects associated with them, for the VA-DoD implementation of Cerner's EHR.
- Provide facilitation support and ensure notes are captured and actions tracked across the program.
- Ensure efficient team member coordination and collaboration through meeting set up and management and knowledge management best practices.
- Track project schedules, identify and document program or schedule risks associated to Authority to Operate/Connect (ATO/C) packages, and communicate status and progress to the Cyber Action Team (CAT) PM.
- Provide technical management for changes to product/project scope, schedule, identifying methods to document and analyze proposed changes, capture, and document lessons learned.
- Support coordination with the integrated master scheduler (IMS) at the OEHRM program and project integration levels.
- Ability to develop and review ATO documentation for technical issues, errors, and problems that require re-work. Develop mitigation plans and/or make corrections to technical artifacts. Follow established processes for development, modification and/or review of artifacts in support of VA ATO or DHA ATC.
- Use the VA Risk Management Framework (RMF) repository (eMASS) for package submissions and aggregation of data.
- 10+ years of professional work experience
- Experience with developing ATO artifacts and managing them through a lifecycle
- Experience managing Information Technology related projects
- Well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies
- Experience in tracking costs, schedule, and performance progress
- Experience with Microsoft Toolsets, i.e., Office Suite, Outlook, and Teams.
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific/technical discipline, or an additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint a plus
- Cybersecurity background equivalent to an active CompTIA Security+ or higher cybersecurity certification
- Experience in the VA
- Experience integrating Electronic Health Records a plus
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.