FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a Sr. Planning and Budget Analyst to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Senior Financial Planning and Budgeting Analyst
Location: Andrews Air Force Base, MD
Duration: Long Term
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
We are supporting the mission of the Air Force Chief Data Officer and staff. The Headquarters United States Air Force Director of Air Force OFFICE, the Air Force Chief Data Office (SAF/CO) is established as part of the Secretariat. The Air Force Chief Data Officer has the responsibility of leading, carrying out, reviewing, and ensuring the visibility, accessibility, understanding, linking, and trustworthiness of data across air, space, and cyberspace domains for the Department of the Air Force.
The senior SPPBE analyst will coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams and conduct mission level analysis in support of the Strategy, Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (SPPBE) processes for the United States Air Force Chief Data Office.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Develop planning and programming recommendations based on analysis of various budget influencing factors like DoD strategy, joint and service requirements, and commander priorities.
- Develop an understanding of general mission/objectives of the program to satisfy budget execution and budget formulation tasks.
- Provide support in the development and edit of budget justification exhibits and related planning material for the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) / Budget Estimate Systems (BES) and President’s Budget Request’s (PBR) submissions to Department of Air Force.
- Assist in the identification of unfunded requirements (UFRs) and coordination of program issue papers.
- Participate in the budget execution process, including the preparation of spend plans, initiation, and distribution of funding documents, and tracking funding levels.
- Facilitate the collection and presentation of data, analyze budgetary trends, and identify risks within cost, schedule, and programmatic parameters.
- Develop reports and briefing materials for use by SES directors, Generals, and program managers with internal and external audiences, to include DAF leadership, S&T working groups, members of Congress, and others.
- Attend regular meetings, briefings, and program reviews, relay PPBE milestones and fiscal progress to senior leaders, and participate in the defense of program budget execution during routine and mid-year budget reviews.
- The Analyst will work as part of a broader team of government and contract staff.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies or equivalent and 10+ years of financial analysis experience.
- 5-7 year of similar Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) experience, preferably within a DoD environment.
- High motivation to provide decision-quality information and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities and critical thinking to integrate and analyze data.
- Experience briefing executive level officials.
- Familiarity with funding appropriation codes, technology readiness levels, and military operations.
- Experience conducting mission level analysis in support of the PPBE and/or strategic planning processes.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- Experience with planning, programming and/or requirements writing / analysis.
- In depth experience with the Air Force organizational structure.
- Experience with Air Force issue teams/issue papers and the President’s Budget Review cycle.
- HHQ staff experience (HAF/SAF, former AFSPC or DoD).
- Program Element Monitor experience.
- Ability to distill complex data into executive level communications.
- Experience with Air Force missions and operations is highly desired.
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.