This position provides IT Service Desk Operations support for several facilities centered around Lackland AFB. Primary responsibilities all center around assisting end users resolve IT issues via the helpdesk and trouble ticketing systems.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure appropriate notification during outages or period of degraded system performance.
- Assists with installation of terminals and associated hardware.
- In support of microcomputer applications, analyzes requirements; creates, designs and develops requirements in required media; provides program support; tests, debugs and writes documentation as required.
- Provides customer assistance support in setting up microcomputers and/or installing software packages, when required.
- Provides user training for hardware/software products; identifies problems and resolves hardware/software/network malfunctions; performs minor hardware/software/network maintenance such as board replacement, cable switching, communication assistance, hardware (printers) installation/replacement; interfaces with mainframe, LANs, Networks, provides analysis support for such requirements.
- Operates the computer consoles, following prescribed scheduled work sheet instructions. Responds to basic console message error halts and report unusual occurrences to appropriate personnel. Isolates causes of machine stops or malfunctions and initiates corrective action to fix and prevent future problems.
- Performs Start Up, Power Off, Shutdowns and Power Failure Recovery procedures when required.
- Promptly and accurately reports all maintenance calls. Notifies vendors of software and hardware problems. Works with vendors to correct system faults.
- Supports functional users in troubleshooting computer related problems. Polite, patient, and customer focused assistance is a must. Notify users of modified input data/format requirements.
- Adhere to AF, DHA, JBSA Lackland, 59 MDW, and AFMRA regulations concerning Computer Operations.
- Support users in the structuring of requests and inquiries with a user-oriented language; identifies possible technical problems in the terminal, communication lines or the computer system; and advises the terminal user of where and how to acquire appropriate technical assistance.
- Use trouble ticket software (Remedy or other method as mutually agreed upon by COR and Site Lead) to document and maintain all user trouble calls. A ticket number will be given to the customer when the ticket is created.
- Conducts on-the job orientation, demonstrates how to operate equipment, loads new software releases, submits Communications-Computer Systems Requirements Document (CSRD) and System Change Requests (SCR), and assists functional users with any system problems they may encounter.
- Conducts all In/Out processing of AFMRA, AFMSA, and 1 MRS personnel.
- Perform approximately 1,200 CAC resets per year.
- Operates in the position of alternate ISSO, and Telecommunications Officer (TCO).
- Provides overall support for VTCs, provide VTC support service until the completion of the event, provide training on VTC equipment, configuration of user log-on routines, maintenance of workstations, and associated peripherals.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Four (4) years of experience in computer system/network support. Includes one (1) year of specialized experience related to Hardware PC Technician.
- Four (4) years of experience with: PC Network, Windows OS and Active Directory.
- Current & ACTIVE Security+ Certification.
- Local travel is required, must have a valid driver’s license.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.