We have an opportunity to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program.
Accountable for proactive oversight of workflow validation, Design Decision Matrix (DDM) review, and Date Collection Workbook (DCW) completion. Ensures technical architectures for future state operations are aligned with business and functional needs. Validates capabilities and impacts across VHA using council input. Works with client counterpart during all phases of the program on solution design, build and validation. Will be involved in creation, validation, and execution of testing scripts/events, as well review/revisions of training materials. May involve triage of post go live tickets and creation of workplans for Change requests.
Required Security Clearance: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Understanding of front office, middle office, and back-office Revenue Cycle Workflows
- 2 years’ experience with implementing clinically driven revenue cycle workflows and system configuration
- Can work independently designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software for a healthcare/clinical environment
- Must act as a highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, healthcare semantics, informatics, and multiple platforms
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required. An additional 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare IT, computer science, electronics engineering, engineering, or technical related field
- 3 years’ experience with Cerner Millennium Back Office Revenue Cycle, specifically in Charge Services and Patient Accounting
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
- Preferred Millennium experience on code levels 2018 or higher
- Preferred understanding of Cerner Model recommendations
This position may require that you be vaccinated against Covid-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation for religion or a health-related need.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
This role is remote but must be located in the Washington, DC area.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.