We have an opportunity to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as a Solution Expert providing Cerner expertise, support, and knowledge transfer sessions to the National/VISN Councils/local workshops, and VA solution experts.
Support translation of Cerner capabilities and nomenclature to enable VA understanding in partnership with the Solution Expert. Bring the VA-assigned solution experts up to speed in their respective areas with solution knowledge. Review and help the Council Admins with the task orders and deliverables, and ensure they are received on time and are completed accurately per program office requirements. Provide support to the Council Admins and members by assisting in the current state workflow/requirements analysis. Assist in review of DoD lessons learned and help incorporate findings into VA workflows. Attend Cerner workshops and assist/support VA staff attending the event. Assist in future state workflow design and diagrams. Identify potential risks and pain points in the workflows. Assist in mapping VA staff roles to Cerner security roles. Help define interface specifications and requirements for other vendors. Assist in reporting requirements/mapping/identification. Assist in the development of CMO testing scripts and support all CMO testing types and CMO testing events. Review and assist in managing issues and risks with mitigation plans. Work with Cerner and VA in build/design/workflow changes. Assist in the review of training manuals and job aids delivered by Cerner. Assist and support in designing cutover/go live planning and post go live support. Provide solution knowledge expertise on Cerner Medical Device connectivity and interfaces.
Required Security Clearance: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Analysis and development of Current/Future State workflows required
- Experience managing functional validation and end user testing for Cerner (or other EHR) and integrated third party solutions such as MethodM and e-service
- Able to guide detailed problem solving and design-related discussions to achieve the desired future state
- Can work interdependently designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software for a healthcare/clinical environment
- Experience validating and testing various EHR capabilities/solutions and assessing impacts, preferably with Cerner
- Can work independently designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software for a healthcare/clinical environment
- Must act as a highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, healthcare semantics, informatics, and multiple platforms
- Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required. An additional 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare IT, computer science, electronics engineering, engineering, or technical related field
- 3 years’ experience using Millennium PathNet AP solution on 2018 code or higher with access to build tools
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
- Preferred understanding of Cerner Model recommendations
This position may require that you be vaccinated against Covid-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation for religion or a health-related need.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
This role is remote but must be located in the Washington, DC area.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.