We have an opening for a Solaris System Administrator to support the US Army Customer, Megatron II at
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
Required Security Clearance: An active Secret clearance
- Standing up New Integration Environment using Oracle T5-2 Servers running Solaris 11.
- Configure and maintain New Integration Environment.
- Assist Software Developers with build/install process of Maintenance Release 6 software patch.
- Maintain New Integration Environment for Software Developers to write code and testers to test code.
- Monitor, maintain, and sustain the hardware and software for the Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Integration Environment including Solaris 10 operating systems, Oracle servers, NSA message servers and key processors, and the EKMS HMI application. Conducting daily maintenance on Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) development and test systems. Troubleshooting and resolving any issues that may arise. Promptly resolving any system down time that may occur.
- Participate in ESB Test events as the Software Engineering Center (SEC) representative for daily system status updates. Report on system up/down status and any potential issues or areas of concern. Troubleshooting and resolving any issues that may arise. Promptly resolving any system down time that may occur.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Solaris and SUN/Oracle SPARC platforms, including M-series, T-series, and S-series servers.
- Experience with disk suite, ZFS file systems, FLAR (flash archive), NFS file system, and managing disks/LUNS.
- Experience with managing CDOMs, LDOMs, and Zones.
- Must be capable of managing the servers, managing user accounts, installing, and upgrading the servers, as well as solving any kind of problems with the systems.
- Must be capable of monitoring the system configuration, performing analysis, and tuning, and monitoring the server event log.
- Must be capable of testing the operating system software, the networking software, and the computer hardware.
- Must be capable of monitoring and developing the procedures for backups of the servers.
- Experience with bash scripting and CRONs for automating server tasks.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Must be flexible, independent, and self-motivated.
- Must be punctual with regular and consistent attendance.
Required Education and Experience:
- 7+ year’s minimum system administration experience of UNIX, Solaris 10 & 11.
- Must be fully Information Assurance (IA) certified IAW AR 25-2 and DoD 8570.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
This role will be performed onsite at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, may be required to travel. Full time, day shift.
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.