FalconTek has a current opening for a Senior Health Data Management Engineer to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program.
Review system logs and determine corrective actions to achieve high system uptime. Perform Quality Control that checks data between the source VistA systems and the Shadow database elements – 131 sites in all. Monitor and validate backups complete. Monitor and validate Cache/IRIS Server Instances and Cache/IRIS Mirror Instances are operational. Validate Test, Development, Staging and Production Environments are operational. Validate High-Availability as part of the Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Databases. Review and recommend enhancements to the database capacity planning scripts. Review and recommend enhancement to database encryption and decryption procedures. Monitor Cache/IRIS Server Error Logs and check e-mail alerts. Support troubleshooting incidents and monitor through resolution. Document database configurations. Analyze change requests, determine the impact of changes, test and validate changes, and document changes. Review performance tuning scripts and provide recommendations for performance optimization. Review the setup of Special Mirror systems to CacheFDW, the central Mirror base. Validate the copying of Journal Files from CACHEFDW/CACHEVX130 daily so that system maybe be restored to several days behind. Examine LOG Files and monitor on a regular basis, (at least 2x/day) for errors and warnings. Validate and Monitor STORAGE, Databases, and Journal Files for unusual activity. Review and validate VX130 Application monitoring procedures; and provide recommendations for enhancements. Validate and monitor VistA shadows are up-to-date and keeping up with all transactions. Validate and monitor JournalReaders are running and adding entries to DataFiler Queue.
Validate and monitor DataFiler is keeping up with data being added to the DataFiler Queue by JournalReader. Validate and monitor the number of records being added to VX130 datastore in FDW Databases are increasing at a normal rate. Validate and monitor mirrored databases are running and transactions are current with each database. Validate and monitor Ensemble is moving records to HealtheIntent with no anomalies and/or errors. Develop documentation for each Cache/IRIS Class assigned and built that includes the project summary, the VX130 Data Domain, and a list of the VistA files and fields contained in the class. Update documentation for Ensemble Services, Processes and Operations. Document database restoration processes in support of Disaster Recovery. Update the Disaster Recovery Technical Guide and User Guide.
Required Security Clearance: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Be able to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
- Able to coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed.
- Experienced in introducing new hardware or software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks.
- Able to be cost conscience as well addressing goals.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of experience. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing EHR
- Experience with VA and DoD legacy health data, private sector health data
- Experience with enterprise network concepts (MPLS, prioritization, segmentation, load balancing, segmentation, continuity of operations)
- Experience with scalability analysis and modeling
- Experience with VistA, Cache, IRIS, and Ensemble
- Experience with system (end-to-end) performance assessment and optimization
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
This role is 100% remote.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.