Job Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Clearance: US Citizen able to obtain a public trust
FalconTek is a rapidly growing IT modernization and integration company. Our employees are excited about the work that we do. We deliver and customize leading-edge agile solutions, services and products to mission critical organizations, primarily federal government agencies.
We are currently hiring a Senior Cloud Engineer to support our customer based out of Washington, DC (Position is fully remote). Please review the requirements below and if you would like to be considered, we encourage you to apply!
Position overview –
As a member on our team, you’ll provide guidance, insight, and strategic direction to Azure cloud implementation and development work for the Program. Work with clients to architect, secure, and deploy Cloud systems to fit the mission’s needs. Manage Cloud systems access and VA security compliance. Understand cybersecurity planning and implementation.
Manage server connections and develop scripting pipelines. Build infrastructure and applications designed for scalability. Effectively communicate with cloud computing vendors and service providers. Guide documentation and design best practices. Develop and create network diagrams and framework corporate IT and data architecture. Conduct traffic analysis for critical incidents and protocols.
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Works independently designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software for a healthcare/clinical environment
- Acts as highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, healthcare semantics, informatics, and multiple platforms
- Responsible for project completion
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare IT, computer science, electronics engineering, engineering or technical related field or 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week. Position is fully remote.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.