Plans, implements, upgrades, or monitors security measures for the protection of computer networks and HW/SW. Ensures appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses. Installs or modifies network security elements, tools, and other systems as required to maintain optimal coverage and performance, as approved by the Government.
Shift for this position is Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Supports the full life cycle cyber work for the hardware and software within the DODIN-A(NG).
- Monitors operational state of compliance scanning tools.
- Performs server maintenance and software upgrades supporting scanning tools.
- Installs or modifies network security elements, tools, and other systems as required to maintain optimal coverage and performance, as approved by the Government.
- Create and maintains standard tool maintenance design documentation and test plans for new and existing applications and hardware to avoid obsolescence and improve productivity for the user community and Government leadership.
- Security Analyst support, including conducting market research, evaluating products, and providing prototyping, integration, development, deployment, recapitalization, and O&M support for a variety of software, computing, and networking technologies.
- Test the security features of point products being acquired by stakeholders at the request of the Government.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT operations and systems.
- Support a fast-paced transitional environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
- Identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Analyze and recommend alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build credibility and trust with customers.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Support the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in IT security and analysis, with a focus in HW/SW Security.
- At start date must meet the DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- MCSE; MCSA; MCP; MCTS; CCNA; ITIL v3 Foundation
- Experience using VMware, VPN, Active Directory
- Thorough understanding of LAN and WAN technologies