FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a SCOM Administrator to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to email@example.com.
Position: SCOM Administrator
Location: Quantico, VA (1-2 days remote)
Duration: several years
Clearance: Active Top Secret Clearance
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Team in supporting our client’s Application Management team, which is comprised of multiple sub section/technology areas that support operations and provide management of the Government’ Enterprise Network (GEN) servers and workstation systems to include configuration and patch management. The Candidate shall provide Tier III System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) support. The SCOM environment is comprised of VMware based and physical based servers and is currently a mixture of SCOM 2012/2019 and contains more than 600 SCOM Agents deployed throughout the Enterprise.
- Perform administrative tasks from the Operation Manager console, provide application support for the SCOM platform and create and maintain monitoring and notification rules.
- Review and update SCOM console security, apply patches, create SCOM console roles and reviews, and create and install custom Management Packs (MP) as needed.
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills to maintain accurate system documentation and provide training as required.
- Manage customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer expectations.
- Work closely with a Business Technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third-party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies.
- 5+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment.
- Understanding of the other System Center Products
- Professional level certification, i.e. MCSA
- IAT III certification (CASP+CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate)).
- Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
- System Center Orchestrator and System Center Service Manager knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across an Enterprise.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills.
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity.
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.