FalconTek is seeking a Proposal Manager to join our clients team at the Headquarters in McLean, VA!
Our client fosters and embraces a distinct set of values that we live by and instill in all aspects of our organization: dedication, commitment, partnership, trust, and recognition. We have incorporated these values into successful delivery for our customers since 1988. Our client believes in ensuring its employees feel deeply connected, recognizing successes and hard work, and providing continuous opportunities to learn and grow. Our people are entrepreneurial thinkers that combine mindset, vision, and experience to drive value – not only to us as an organization, but to the clients we support. We promote a collaborative culture with our clients, and with each other, as one team working towards a common vision. We’d love for you to join our team!
We are seeking a Proposal Manager to join our Proposal Development team! The Proposal Manager will be responsible for delivering high-quality, compliant proposals in support of the company’s strategic growth objectives. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a great team while supporting high-level capture efforts.
- Manage all stages of the proposal development process from solicitation release through proposal submission in response to government sources sought notices and requests for information (RFIs), quotes (RFQs), and proposals (RFPs).
- Prepare kickoff materials, schedules, annotated outlines, compliance matrices, and other proposal related documents.
- Facilitate and lead proposal reviews (color team reviews).
- Coordinate logistics and produce materials needed for review sessions and meetings related to the proposal life cycle process.
- Interface with technical writers and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the response documents.
- Consolidate response documents from multiple authors/reviewers; edit for content, clarity, and style.
- Perform desktop publishing in MS Word, and other tools (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, compliant with solicitation requirements, easy to read, and visually appealing.
- Maintain proposal repositories on SharePoint.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in Federal proposal development, preferably in IT and Software Development.
- Strong understanding of Federal Government contracting and industry proposal best practices.
- Advanced writing skills including proficiency with industry editorial style guides (e.g., APA, Chicago, MLA, etc.).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word (formatting and styles) and at least intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability work in a fast-paced work environment supporting multiple efforts while maintaining a high level of attention to detail with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines including occasional extended evenings/night hours, weekends, and holidays.