Falcontek is seeking a Human Resource Specialist to support the Department of State
- Maintain and coordinate the senior management’s calendars and office
- Work closely with senior management to schedule appointments and arrange meetings, ensuring guests are cleared into the building and escorted as needed, and reserving meeting rooms and inviting relevant participants, as required.
- Arrange travel for senior leadership and assist office staff with travel planning, ensuring timeliness and accuracy. Assist travelers with the submission of travel vouchers for all travelers at the conclusion of each trip. Particular emphasis placed on ensuring that all travel is in accordance with the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR).
- Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence.
- Handle all tasks required to arrange service calls concerning administrative, logistical, and IT support.
- Order office supplies, maintain supply inventory, and arrange for maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- Organize representational events in the specific department and elsewhere, and prepare guest lists, escort VIP guest, and coordinate the escort of other guests with staff members as needed.
- Maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the office in compliance with specific organizational requirements.
- Advise and assist other staff members to ensure understanding and compliance with established SOPs, requesting guidance from senior staff members as necessary.
- Excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills, including planning and management of conferences and representational events.
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with the Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn use of Department, bureau, or office databases as required.
- Prior knowledge and experience with the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR) preferred. Ideal will be to have previous experience with applicability within the Department of State.
- Familiarity with a variety of computer systems, including travel system, preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and tact when interfacing with other offices, individuals, and institutions. Some familiarity with basic foreign policy, economic and development principles and international institutions is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and work on tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Three (3) years of administrative/office management or relevant experience required.
- High School Diploma.