FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a Network Specialist to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Network Specialist
Location: Quantico, VA
Duration: 3.5+ years left on the project
Clearance: Active Secret
Our organization is looking for a full-time candidate to provide support to the Client’s Deployed Support section. The Deployed Support Section is responsible for reviewing and validating tactical network packages and ensuring they are in compliance with Government Enterprise Network (GEN) standards and providing technical support to deployed units. The candidate will leverage the GEN architecture, systems, and Risk Management Framework (RMF) process to conduct QA support.
Clearance Requirement: Active DoD – Secret
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review the configuration of all Client Managed GEN equipment
- Check configurations for validity, accuracy, and completeness utilizing approved configuration change sources such as trouble tickets, Request for Modification (RFM), and change requests
- Check configurations for non-approved variances from the standard or baseline configuration of the device type. All discrepancies (as defined by Client procedures and policies) discovered will be documented in a Configuration Discrepancy Report and investigated.
- Coordinate troubleshooting efforts between Deployed Support, the customer, and other Sections as necessary.
- Maintain records of all active and future deployed networks.
- Assist with RMF packages to include:
- Assistance to Government personnel in the completion of packages for Client managed equipment, systems, or circuits.
- Ensure deployed networks are configured according to DISA STIGs and are using ports and services allowed by DISA
- Review packages submitted by deployable units for exercises and make recommendations to the Government C&A section.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions
- Aptitude to address negative situations and resolve them in a positive manner.
Education and Certification Requirements:
DoD 8570 IAT II certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, or SSCP)
Background and Experience:
3 years’ experience of Network Administration
Required Technical Skills:
Experience with Visio and Excel preferred.
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.