We have an opportunity to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as a Technical Liaison in Roseburg, OR. Facilitate the assessment, alignment, and optimization of technical areas to meet OEHRM deployment requirements. Liaison will work directly with local VAMC leads (OI&T, BioMed, Facilities Management, and others) to ensure technical capabilities are in place for the deployment of EHRM.
- Coordinate assessments to determine current technical capabilities and evaluate improvement efforts: plans/timelines for EHRM and non-EHRM procurements, contracts and other efforts supporting EHRM deployment
- Leads Data Team efforts during on-site technical assessments.
- Identify issues affecting deployment timelines or plans: identify mitigation opportunities.
- Coordinate communications between site IT/BioMed/Facilities Project Managers and OIT, VHA, and OEHRM staff: ensure proper contacts are involved
- Facilitate and maintain a comprehensive plan in support of the local OIT, BioMed, Facilities Management, and other technology related leadership
- Maintains site specific program estimates, timelines, plans & status reports
- Track assigned actions & escalate identified risks for OEHRM risk evaluation
- Provide regular progress reports to the site leadership and OSDT Leadership
Required Security Clearance: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Understanding of the engineering and technical concerns related to biomedical and medical devices
- Understanding of EHR implementation and how it relates to network and information security
- EHR deployment experience highly preferred
- Understanding of Network security
- Microsoft Visio and Project
- Health IT experience
- Ability to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained
- Coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals, and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed.
- Experienced in introducing new hardware and software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks.
- Must be cost conscious as well as address goals
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent; an additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- VA experience preferred
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records over all phase of project life cycle
- Promote organizational improvement efforts through the development of systems or client enhancements to standard health implementation and/or product development processes, policies, and procedures
- Able to implement strong program management practices (change requests, issue management, risk/issue mitigation and management and decision tracking) and contributes to standard client implementation methodologies and management best practices
- Demonstrated experience proactively identifying new problems and preparing solution courses of action by engaging cross-functional (technical, clinical, programmatic) stakeholders
- Maintains a high-level of confidence and can communicate ideas and influence collaborative decisions
- Ability to work independently, collaborate effectively, empower support staff, and require minimal direction in achieving goals
This position may require that you be vaccinated against Covid-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation for religion or a health-related need.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
This role will be remote until operations go back to normal with COVID, will be required to report to site 1-2 times a week. Business work hours are set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm in Roseburg, OR.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.