FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking an Infrastructure Project Manager to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to email@example.com.
Position: Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC (Currently remote due to COVID)
Duration: Several years
Clearance: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
Supporting our customer in Washington, DC the selected candidate will have duties to include supporting all aspects (e.g., requirements, schedules, and plans) aligned to deployment of technical elements and coordination of events in advance of EHR rollouts at VA facilities. Participate (and lead) in technology integration efforts with other engineering and support teams. Consult with various stakeholders to provide support and updates on project status / programmatic documentation.
Serve as part of a broader infrastructure team coordinate with other team members to:
- Provide technical input to infrastructure activities within each wave schedule
- Coordinate technical readiness with VHA, OIT and OEHRM to ensure requirements for each site are known and documented
- Develop plans and mitigations for risks to deployments
- Serve as single point of contact for site VHA and OIT, DHA, enterprise OIT and other partners
- Plan and manage support for pre-deployment and post-deployment events with a focus on integration of technical teams and elements
- Create and maintain a comprehensive book which outlines all activities, contract actions, requirements, and risks per site
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field is required, or an additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Experience managing large enterprise IT deployments (preferably healthcare related)
- Able to plan, design, and oversee deployment of complex enterprise-wide or large-scale information architectures including computer hardware and software, operating systems, middleware, communications hardware and software, and security components
- Able to perform architecture development, business case analysis and/or identification of alternative technical solutions
- Accomplished communication and troubleshooting skills
- Able to manage complex technical aspects (including architecture/design) of projects through common project management tools
- Able to identify and mitigate risks.
- Experience in the VA
- Experience integrating Electronic Health Records a plus
- Experience in a consulting role with federal clients
- Experience supporting a Program Management Office (PMO)
- Network certifications, such as Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Network+, or others a plus
- Familiarity with developing produce (e.g., schedule) of project management methodologies
- Experience in tracking costs, schedule, and performance progress
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.