Provide Tier I and II AESD-NG Help Desk support using ITSM ticketing system such as BMC Remedy and/or ServiceNow (e.g., Service Desk as a Service [SDaaS], ITSM Software as a Service [SaaS], enterprise end-user
support, and overall escalation support). Provides Help Desk ticket escalation support to the Army and DISA for all DODIN-A(NG) and DODIN-A(NG)-S issues above or outside the direct O&M of the RCC-NG, including mobile device support. Independently provides technical interpretation and solutions in the
management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures.
Shift for this position is Saturday – Wednesday, 6:00am to 3:00pm.
??????Duties / Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier I and II incidents to include: system inquiries, requests, incidents, software installation, printer support, hardware support (desktop, laptop, peripheral).
- Support numerous hardware configurations and platforms including Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Copiers, Video Conferencing Units, and Smart Boards.
- Perform in-person customer service and phone support service to the end-user community.
- Perform trouble ticket action to include updates with quality notes, customer communication, and resolution within established service level agreements.
- Provide VIP support and communication regarding status of incident troubleshooting and resolution.
- Handle efficiently, high volume ticket queue by supporting 50 – 100 tickets daily, using ticking system.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
- Prepare accurate documentation to support and maintain a working knowledge base of service desk processes including pertinent guidelines, regulations, compliance issues, and documentation requirements as well as reference only application reference guides.
- Document, maintain, and store specific information, including as-built diagrams and SOPs/Job Aides.
- Support focus teams or specialized projects to promote rapid improvement turnaround.
- Maintain a professional and pleasant manner using proper customer service skills via (telephone and/or email).
- Operate a 24x7x365 Service Desk
- Support a fast paced and ITIL transitional environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
- Identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Analyze and recommend alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build credibility and trust with customers.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Support the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for handling after-hours on call support (when necessary)
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At start date must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification in ACTIVE status.
- 2+ Years’ experience as a service desk analyst with proven experience in ongoing support of client specific application systems.
- Experience using ticketing software.
- The equipment used in this position includes but is not limited to, computers, servers, and network devices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S.Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate of Arts or Science degree from an accredited institution.
- HDI Certification.
- Possess an active CompTIA Network+ certification.
- Possess an active MSCE certification.
- Experience supporting intermediate level Microsoft Office core applications, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft SharePoint, Java, and Acrobat Adobe.
- Availability to travel if necessary.