This position is responsible for providing advanced, reliable, and secure communications, knowledge management, information systems support (voice, video, and data) and data center management for the Organization to enable their global Network Operations mission of operating and defending the enterprise network.
This position provides 8x5x52 (Federal business days) on site and 24x7x365 on call desktop and network support to three buildings located in Quantico, VA. The client supports approximately 1200 users, and the ancillary devices to support them to include workstations, printers, telephones, mobile phones (Android / Apple), servers, switches, and Laptops. The average amount of trouble tickets handled by the branch is approximately 250 per month at the main facility in Quantico, VA.
Clearance Requirement: Active DoD – TS/SCI
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide local area network support for any desktop related problems, to include, but not limited to installation of software and service requests for assets located on the unclassified and classified network.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems as related to the user workstations, software, and other related user equipment, such as mobile phones.
- Provide Tier II support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Support up to 100 global users of the JWICS.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provide support and assist with the Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) and other exercises at the secondary site, Camp Pendleton, and Kansas City, MO).
- Develop and implement a process through which incidents are controlled, this includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps as defined in the ITIL version 4 framework established guidelines for the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) discipline for managing information technology (IT) systems.
- Respond to service requests via Remedy, telephone calls, email, and direct personnel requests for technical support.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution as defined in the ITIL version 4 framework established Guidelines for the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) discipline for managing information technology (IT) systems, and in accordance with required response times.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and applications development to restore service and identify and correct core problem.
- Recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Interact with Marine Corps Intelligence Activity (MCIA) network services, software systems engineering, and applications development to restore service and identify and correct core problems on JWICS.
- Remediate any findings identified by the information assurance scans.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions
- Aptitude to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner
Education and Certification Requirements:
Compliant with DoD 8570.01-M IAT level II – GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or CCNA-Security. Professional series Certification within the product groups technology scope (e.g., MCA)
Background and Experience:
3+ Years of Desktop Support Experience. Experience with Windows 10 installation and troubleshooting. Experience with imaging devices
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience with Win10 desktop support
- ITIL Foundation (v3) or greater (desired)
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Administrator Associate (MCA) (desired)
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) (desired)