FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a Cloud Developer to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to email@example.com.
Position: Cloud Developer
Our client offers unmatched Benefits:
- 100% of Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits paid by employer
- FSA or HSA available
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) matching (100% up to the first 4%) with NO vesting period
- Tuition / Certification / Training reimbursement
- Accident / Disability / Universal Life Insurance
- And much more…
FalconTek is seeking a Cloud Developer for our U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) client. The Cloud Developer will analyze customer needs, design applications/systems and solutions, code, and debug. The Cloud Developer will also build working relationships with Business Analysts, Product Owner staff, and other team members.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
· Assist with the management, development, testing and maintenance of computer programs to ensure that the application meets the needs of the users of the system.
· Assist systems analysts and/or designers in researching and documenting computer user requirements
· Analyze objectives and problems identified by analysts and/or designers
· Translate the solutions provided by systems designers into detailed program specifications
· Assist with preparation of documentation for other programmers, users of the system and other support services workers
· Assist with program design activities including definition of data and error message arrangements
· Assist with the modification and documentation of program code to correct errors or to enhance an application’s capabilities
· Assist with the testing of applications; and with the preparation of reports on the status, operation and maintenance of system software applications for use by the customer.
· Experience as an application programmer on large-scale DBMS, knowledge of computer equipment, and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
· Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts.
· Develop block diagrams and logic flowcharts.
· Translate detailed design into computer software.
· Design, code, test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product.
· Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
· Enhance software to reduce operating time and improve efficiency.
· Provide technical direction to programmers, as required, to ensure that program deadlines are met.
· Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
· Provide after-hours support when required.
· US Citizen (No VISA, Green Card, Work Visa, Student VISA, etc…)
· 5+ years of Cloud Development experience
· 5+ years of experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Spring Cloud AWS
· Certification in Cloud technologies (AWS Preferred)
· Experience with:
o AWS SDK
o Systems architecture and design
o Building and deploying containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes
· Experiencing working with Business Analysts and End Users in the development and use of User Stories.
· Experience implementing the MVC Development Methodology (Model/View/Controller)
· Experience with developing and managing data models with CA Erwin
· Experience designing and developing solutions with Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) in an Agile Software Development environment
· Technical proficiency with developing database queries, batch jobs, and stored procedures with PL/SQL and NoSQL
· Experience developing solutions using Message Services, including management of Apache ActiveMQ, AWS SQS
· Experience with DevOps pipeline tools including configuration management, requirements (e.g. JIRA), automated testing, and deployment
· Experience developing applications with responsive web design frameworks to support multiple platforms including compatibility with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Java, and iOS
· Experience with all aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation