Job Title: Agile Team Lead (Scrum Master)
Job Location: FULLY REMOTE
Clearance: DoD Secret Clearance
FalconTek is searching for an Agile Team Lead (Scrum Master) to guide and coach agile teams on how to use agile practices and principles to deliver high quality software development products and software sustainment services, as a contractor to the United States Air Force Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS). REMIS is a web-based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing, and reporting equipment maintenance data. Serve as an Agile Team Lead (Scrum Master) for the REMIS program. The Scrum Master is responsible for training, coaching, mentoring the software development team in the Agile Methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) with a focus on DEVSECOPS. The Scrum Master facilitates all Agile-related events and is responsible for the collection of artifacts supporting all software development and testing activities.
Duties / Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work with the leadership to focus the team's work effort, address risks/areas of concerns, provide feedback, and support the health of the team.
- Guide and coach, the team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products that are valuable to REMIS stakeholders.
- Assess the Agile maturity of the team; move the team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Coach the team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicate effectively, both internally and externally working within the team.
- Work with the team, as well as REMIS internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Facilitate Agile events such as Sprint planning, daily standups, backlog refinement, sprint reviews/demonstrations, retrospectives, etc., to ensure the team maintains a consistent, well-performing cadence.
- Proactively initiate escalation of issues or risks related to deliverables and work with Stakeholders to address or mitigate such issues or risks. Resolve team impediments; work with the team on removing impediments.
- Assess team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with the team to continuously improve. Help determine and maintain overall team velocity and capacity with regards to the team's roadmap of projects and planning/prioritization.
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure the team's backlog is refined and actionable. Function as the liaison between the Product Owner and team. Work with Product Owner and Stakeholders to identify and clarify priority of project-related needs. Participate in special projects as required.
- Assist the Product Owner with Product Backlog management and refinement, to ensure all user stories meet the Definition of Ready.
- Coordinate cross-team efforts and deliveries through collaboration, coordination, and support of the activities of disparate teams supporting the overall successful delivery of product features. Ensure deliverables meet quality standards at the end of each sprint.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Coordinate with REMIS Project Lead to ensure staff utilization is optimized.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work / military experience.
- 3+ Years’ experience as a Scrum Master supporting multiple teams and complex software development environments.
- 3+ Years in designing, analyzing, integrating, testing and documenting distributed mission systems using agile lifecycle management and engineering practices, DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline processes.
- High level proficiency and Admin Experience in using:
- Tools: Atlassian tool suite (Jira, BitBucket), Git, Git Hub (or similar Agile tracking tools)
- 3+ years’ experience in facilitating Vision and Product Portfolio Management sessions and developing and documenting artifacts, i.e., Portfolio Backlogs of Epics, architecture features and business capability features in Jira Portfolio Boards; features mapping to user stories; developing Product Roadmaps and Product Backlogs of user stories, tasks and non-functional product backlog items in Jira Scrum Boards with Product Owners and developing Release Plans for release increments.
- Excellent working knowledge of agile software development methodologies, techniques, and frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and resolve conflict (i.e., identifying impediments and proactively moving to resolving them).
- Expertise with wide variety of agile techniques (i.e., capacity planning, point estimation techniques, effective retrospective methods, pair programming, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S.Citizenship.
- Current DoD successfully adjudicated T3 investigation. Most commonly attained with a SECRET clearance (Note: a SECRET clearance is not required but the T3 investigation is necessary to meet IT-II privileged access designation.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred, not required. If no CSM certification, obtainwithin 120 days.
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) certification is preferred, not required.Job Title: Agile Team Lead (Scrum Master)