FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking an Active Directory/Exchange Engineer II to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Active Directory/Exchange Engineer II
Location: Quantico, VA (1-2 days remote)
Duration: Several years
Clearance: Active Top Secret Clearance
Shift Schedule: 0600 – 1800, Thursday – Saturday and every other Wednesday
In this role, the successful candidate is the forefront of the Enterprise Directory Management (EDM) team, providing Tier II support in incident and event management. EDM supports over 265,000 user accounts and 140,000 computer accounts across several Active Directory (AD) domains on Government operated networks. This team is responsible for the day-to-day operation and support for all of EDM’s technologies listed below. This effort includes the initial identification and troubleshooting of outages and rapid resolutions to enterprise level outages. This effort also includes providing escalated troubleshooting support from subordinate and regional Marine Corps Units.
The successful candidate will have a strong background with either Microsoft Exchange or Active Directory, with experience in both areas. The enterprise network is in support of a 255,000 user environment across multiple Active Directory forests and locations. The candidate will be expected to use their experience with messaging including Mailbox Servers, Hub Transports Servers, Customer Access Servers, Outlook Web Access, Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Integration and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to provide messaging support.
Clearance Requirement: Active DoD – TS/SCI
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the overall health of technologies associated with EDM.
- Resolves Active Directory tickets escalated from the service desk including the administrative activities and provide an EDM weekly Messaging Status Report.
- Develops and maintains supporting documentation to improve success rates in completing service requests and incident resolutions. To include, but not limited to: templates, desktop procedures, knowledge base archives, and turnover logs.
- Monitors the health of All EDM systems with Marine Corp Network Operations and Security Center (MCNOSC) – provided event management tools and makes corrective actions to incidents that lower the availability of enterprise system services.
- Supports change management process; submits requests through Change Approval Board; participates in a Change Review Board. Specifically coordinates EDM maintenance to ensure all changes are known and reported to prevent erroneous reports of outages and reduce troubleshooting time for failed maintenance.
- Escalates product issues to the appropriate Tier III product group.
- Implements monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Provides Microsoft Enterprise Exchange operational configuration management support.
- Escalates product issues that cannot be resolved internally to the next echelon of support.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions
- Aptitude to address negative situations and resolve them in a positive manner.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- IAT III certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP [or Associate])
- Professional series Certification within the product groups technology scope (e.g. MCSE [AD or Exchange], MCITP [AD or Exchange])
Background and Experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange PowerShell commands needed to manage Exchange 2010/2013/2016 features, roles, mailboxes, performance and troubleshooting
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2010/2013
- Thorough working knowledge of Active Directory as it relates to messaging technologies.
- The underlying infrastructure consists of both physical servers and VMware based servers which requires knowledge in VMware Virtualization and VMware vCloud to perform the specialized EDM Active Directory tasks.
Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange PowerShell commands needed to manage Exchange 2010/2013 features, roles, mailboxes, performance and troubleshooting
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2010/2012
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.