FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking an Active Director Engineer to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to email@example.com.
Position: Active Director Engineer
Location: Quantico, VA (1-2 days remote)
Duration: several years
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
The successful candidate will provide Enterprise Platforms support at the Tier III level to a global enterprise. The enterprise network is in support of a 255,000 user environment across multiple Active Directory forests and locations. The candidate will be expected to use their experience with Active Directory. The candidate will be expected to support the configuration of Antivirus products and Host-Based Security System (HBSS) as they relate to Domain controllers. The candidate will be expected to have knowledge and experience working with environments separated by firewalls and how they relate to Exchange, Outlook, Outlook Web Access (OWA), Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), message routing, Database Management, and AV/Hygiene applications. The environment is also VMware based and requires the candidate to use their knowledge with virtualized environments.
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret w/SSBI (requires an active Top Secret clearance as a minimum level for consideration)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses experience with Server Platforms at the Tier III level.
- Provides day-to-day messaging and Directory Support for the following products: Aerial Port (AP) Documentation and Management System (ADAM)/ADLDS, UnitySync, and Identity Integration Feature Pack and shall manage the Global Address List (GAL).
- Maintains the overall health of technologies associated with Messaging technologies.
- Monitors the health of Messaging technologies with provided event management tools.
- Maintains the overall health of technologies associated with Database Infrastructure.
- Resolves all Database Administrator (DBA) incident tickets escalated from the service desk including the administrative activities and provide a weekly Messaging Status Report (to be incorporated into the Weekly Status Report).
- Provides documentation, guidance and instruction to the service desk for handling standard network infrastructure related incidents and service requests.
- Submits and executes network related change request tasks.
- Coordinates incident tickets between Tier II and III sections as well as other sections as required.
- Monitors the health of Database Infrastructure with Marine Corp Cyberspace Operations Group (MCCOG) provided event management tools.
- Provides MCCOG project support for Database Infrastructure related technologies.
- Coordinates with the Plans Division and other MCCOG sections on DBA issues.
- Supports change management process; submits requests through Change Approval Board; participates in a Change Review Board.
- Escalates product-related DBA issues to third party product vendors.
- Implements monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Provides analysis and remediation for Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) for all responsible technologies in preparation for annual Commanders Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions
- Aptitude to address negative situations and resolve them in a positive manner.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- DoD 8580 IAT III or IAM III certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CISM)
- Professional level certification, i.e. MCSA Windows Server 2008/2012, MCSE Server Infrastructure, MCITP Server 2008
- ITIL v3 (desired)
Background and Experience:
- 7 years related experience
- Firewall, Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) experience configuring, certificate configuring; troubleshooting
- Experience with PowerShell commands needed to manage Active Directory features, roles, mailboxes, performance and troubleshooting
- Experience identifying the need for any Active Directory system reconfigurations (minor or significant)
- Experience maintaining policies, procedures, and training plans for Active Directory system administration and appropriate use
- Experience in building, tuning and maintaining servers in an enterprise environment.
- Experience troubleshooting server performance issues using native Windows Server tools and utilities
- Strong experience with Active Directory 2008/2012, planning, deploying and migration, including experience with mailbox server failover and cluster management
- Extensive knowledge of AD architecture – databases and logs, mail routing and protocol support.
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012
Required Technical Skills:
- Ability to evaluate the need for any messaging system reconfigurations (minor or significant)
- Ability to maintain policies, procedures, and training plans for messaging system administration and appropriate use
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012
- Thorough working knowledge of Active Directory as it relates to enterprise technologies
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot server performance issues using native Windows Server tools and utilities
- Maintain a “forward looking” posture and work with management to plan for future upgrades, including Active Directory migration to the newer versions
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.