FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a Windows System Admin to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to email@example.com.
Position: Windows System Admin
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA and Remote (50% remote right now – will likely to return on-site at some point)
Duration: Permanent hire
The Windows system administrator will provide support to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) to strengthen IT business service relationships with internal and external partners and US Government DSCA Information Management & Technology Infrastructure (IMT) divisions and branches. The Windows system administrator is responsible for a full life cycle support of AWS GovCloud and on-premises, hosted data systems. Support includes full responsibility for managing, administering, and securing all infrastructure required for development and testing, necessary for certifying success of future production enhancements.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Perform Full life cycle support of production and development of AWS GovCloud and on-premises, Windows hosted systems and applications.
- Review, evaluate, and fine-tune system performance to achieve peak efficiency and reliability for mission systems and applications.
- Monitor the environment to ensure adequate resources (hardware, software, and throughput) are available to meet customer requirements.
- Coordinate problem resolution with customers, teammates, and vendors.
- Evaluate new / existing system software and hardware, to recommend changes to improve efficiency and functionality.
- Provide management with project status, problem resolution, and/or other system administration statuses that require upward and outward communication.
- Provide the necessary system administration expertise to satisfy business requirements, through the process of documenting and implementing the final system administration solution.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain cybersecurity compliance by completing vulnerability mitigations, working with the cybersecurity team.
- Interface administration, including SFTP, and shell scripting.
- Perform maintenance and administrative scripting (i.e., PowerShell, Perl).
- Support Tier II production and development, including DISA ticket submission and tracking.
- Be part of an emergency on-call rotation to support 24/7 operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to FalconTek for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date must possess one of the following DoD 8570 recognized certifications for Information Assurance Technical Level I (IAT I) Certification or higher. One or more of the following certifications in ACTIVE status are acceptable.
- A+ CE (CompTIA A+ with Continuing Education)
- CCNA-Security (Cisco Certified Network Associate Security)
- CND (EC – Council Certified Network Defender)
- Network + CE (CompTIA Network + with Continuing Education)
- SSCP (ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
- A minimum of two years of experience as a cloud administrator (configuring, managing, and maintaining cloud and on-premises Windows systems).
- Experience with administrative scripting (i.e., PowerShell, Perl).
- Experience with interface administration (SFTP, and shell scripting).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Team player with a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and detail oriented with good time-management skills.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty with the ability to pass a Tier 5 background. (Interim SECRET clearance is acceptable).
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Experience with Defense Security Cooperation Agency.
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.