FalconTek has an opportunity to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM)
program as a Technical Liaison in Roseburg, OR. Facilitate the assessment, alignment, and optimization of technical areas to meet
OEHRM deployment requirements. Liaison will work directly with local VAMC leads (OI&T, BioMed, Facilities Management, and
others) to ensure technical capabilities are in place for the deployment of EHRM.
• Coordinate assessments to determine current technical capabilities and evaluate improvement efforts: plans/timelines
for EHRM and non-EHRM procurements, contracts and other efforts supporting EHRM deployment
• Leads Data Team efforts during on-site technical assessments.
• Identify issues affecting deployment timelines or plans: identify mitigation opportunities.
• Coordinate communications between site IT/BioMed/Facilities Project Managers and OIT, VHA, and OEHRM staff: ensure
proper contacts are involved
• Facilitate and maintain a comprehensive plan in support of the local OIT, BioMed, Facilities Management, and other
technology related leadership
• Maintains site specific program estimates, timelines, plans & status reports
• Track assigned actions & escalate identified risks for OEHRM risk evaluation
• Provide regular progress reports to the site leadership and OSDT Leadership
Required Security Clearance: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
• Understanding of the engineering and technical concerns related to biomedical and medical devices
• Understanding of EHR implementation and how it relates to network and information security
• EHR deployment experience highly preferred
• Understanding of Network security
• Microsoft Visio and Project
• Health IT experience
• Ability to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring
full functional and performance capabilities are retained
• Coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals, and needs and ensure that all are adequately
• Experienced in introducing new hardware and software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption
and mitigating risks.
• Must be cost conscious as well as address goals
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 15 years of experience is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent; an additional 8 years of experience may be
substituted for degree requirements
? VA experience preferred
? Experience implementing Electronic Health Records over all phase of project life cycle
? Promote organizational improvement efforts through the development of systems or client enhancements to standard
health implementation and/or product development processes, policies, and procedures
? Able to implement strong program management practices (change requests, issue management, risk/issue mitigation
and management and decision tracking) and contributes to standard client implementation methodologies and
management best practices
? Demonstrated experience proactively identifying new problems and preparing solution courses of action by engaging
cross-functional (technical, clinical, programmatic) stakeholders
? Maintains a high-level of confidence and can communicate ideas and influence collaborative decisions
? Ability to work independently, collaborate effectively, empower support staff, and require minimal direction in achieving
This position requires that you be vaccinated against Covid-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation for religion or a
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
This role will be remote until operations go back to normal with COVID, will be required to report to site 1-2
times a week. Business work hours are set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm in Roseburg, OR.