Job Title: Solution Expert (Blood Bank/AP)
Location: DC – Remote, but must be in the general DC area
FalconTek is a rapidly growing IT modernization and integration company. Our employees are excited about the work that we do. We deliver and customize leading-edge agile solutions, services and products to mission critical organizations, primarily federal government agencies.
We are currently hiring a Solution Expert (Blood Bank/AP) to support our customer located in Washington, DC (Position is fully remote but you must live in the Washington, DC area). Please review the requirements below and if you would like to be considered, we encourage you to apply!
Position overview –
Supporting our customer in Washington, DC as a Solution Expert providing Cerner expertise, support, and knowledge transfer sessions to the National/VISN Councils/local workshops, and solution experts. Support translation of Cerner capabilities and nomenclature to enable understanding in partnership with the Solution Expert. Bring the assigned solution experts up to speed in their respective areas with solution knowledge. Review and help the Council Admins with the task orders and deliverables, and ensure they are received on time and are completed accurately per program office requirements. Provide support to the Council Admins and members by assisting in the current state workflow/requirements analysis. Assist in review of DoD lessons learned and help incorporate findings into workflows.
Attend Cerner workshops and assist/support staff attending the event. Assist in future state workflow design and diagrams. Identify potential risks and pain points in the workflows. Assist in mapping staff roles to Cerner security roles. Help define interface specifications and requirements for other vendors. Assist in reporting requirements/mapping/identification. Assist in the development of CMO testing scripts and support all CMO testing types and CMO testing events. Review and assist in managing issues and risks with mitigation plans. Work with Cerner and in build/design/workflow changes. Assist in the review of training manuals and job aids delivered by Cerner. Assist and support in designing cutover/go live planning and post go live support. Provide solution knowledge expertise on Cerner Medical Device connectivity and interfaces.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Must plan, design, and oversee deployment of complex enterprise-wide or large-scale information architectures including EHRs (Electronic Health Records), software, and interface components
- 3 years’ experience with Cerner Millennium Blood Bank solution with configuration and workflows on 2018 code or higher with access to build tools
- 1 year of experience using Millennium PathNet AP solution with configuration and workflows on 2018 code or higher with access to build tools
- Analysis and development of Current/Future State workflows required
- Strong leadership, written/oral communications, analysis, data gathering and organization skills.
- Able to assess functional community inputs/requirements against solution framework to develop and map a business-driven IT roadmap
- Experience managing functional validation and end user testing for Cerner (or other EHR) and integrated third party solutions
- Able to guide detailed problem solving and design-related discussions to achieve the desired future state
- Can identify necessary interfaces between enterprise solution applications and legacy IT environments
- Can support all program/project planning and milestone development and business case analysis and identification of alternative solutions and resulting business impacts
- 2 years of experience using Cerner Millennium Lab/PathNet solution
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Cerner EHR preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
- Preferred experience with Blood Bank Validation process and requirements
- Preferred understanding of Cerner Model recommendations
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.