FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a Service Now Administrator to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to email@example.com.
Position: Service Now Admin
Location: Arlington, VA (50% remote for now – may return full time on site)
The ServiceNow administrator will provide support to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) to strengthen IT business service relationships with internal and external partners and US Government DSCA Information Management & Technology Infrastructure (IMT) divisions and branches.
Duties / Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Assist with efforts to enhance, optimize, troubleshoot, and administer the DSCA ServiceNow environment.
- Assist with the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of the DSCA ServiceNow system including the management of workflows, user roles, groups, access, and integrations.
- Assist with platform growth and maintenance projects, current open items, and planning for future customer additions to the platform.
- Maintain, and enhance incident management, problem management, service request management, service catalog, knowledge management, self-service portals, and single sign on (SSO) capability.
- Create, maintain, and enhance team dashboards and reporting, including scheduled reports.
- Overhaul, maintain and enhance change management, as well as current and future connections between ServiceNow and other systems.
- Assist with implementation of ServiceNow applications and provide technical insight in designing and supporting ServiceNow while aligning to service management best practices.
- Perform in the areas of administration, documentation, and technical support of ServiceNow with a focus on designing and delivering technical solutions.
- Use ServiceNow functionality to create scripts to automate routine tasks being performed manually.
- Communicate ServiceNow processes, operations, and capability information to leadership.
- Assist with the creation and delivery of DSCA ServiceNow training materials.
- Respond promptly to support requests to ensure the application operates without interruption to functional users. Application support shall include e-mail response, ticketing tool or Government phone line.
- Assist with responding to user’s problems, needs, and concerns by either phone or email or ticketing tool (e.g., ServiceNow, Manage Engine etc.). Requests to the help desk shall be responded to within one business day from the receipt of request. Technical support shall be available Monday through Friday during government business hours.
- Assist with detecting events, incidents, and customer engagements (health and status monitoring), record information in ticketing system, and escalate tickets as required via standard operating procedure.
- Assist with performing in-depth, ad-hoc analysis based on operator expertise with a specified system to resolve the incident and restore service.
- Provide after-hours support for outages deemed critical.
- Assist the Government with resolving as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Monitor Help mailbox daily or Service Desk ticket system and act on tickets requesting assistance. Monitor the Service Desk tool daily, assign oneself to trouble tickets and resolve tickets in a timely manner.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff.
- Install, configure, and maintain a variety of local network printers.
- Assist the government with providing support for DSCA’s Defense Security Cooperation University (DSCU) instructors and student classroom environment to include hardware, software, and remote VTC/Virtual learning sessions.
- Assist the government with Setting up, configuring, and supporting employee workstations to include all hardware and cabling (i.e., monitor, mouse, keyboard, KVM switch, docking station).
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to FalconTek for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date must possess one of the following DoD 8570 recognized certifications for Information Assurance Technical Level I (IAT I) Certification or higher. One or more of the following certifications in ACTIVE status are acceptable.
- A+ CE (CompTIA A+ with Continuing Education)
- CCNA-Security (Cisco Certified Network Associate Security)
- CND (EC – Council Certified Network Defender)
- Network + CE (CompTIA Network + with Continuing Education)
- SSCP (ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
- A minimum of one-year experience in ServiceNow administration supporting the implementation, administration, configuration and/or development of the ServiceNow or equivalent, hands-on experience in the IT industry involved in providing ITIL and IT Service Management Solutions in IT Infrastructure with expertise in the ITSM suite.
- One year of experience working within the ServiceNow platform completing administration tasks, including user provisioning, ticket research and response, reporting, and maintenance activities.
- One year of experience with and working knowledge of various ServiceNow components such as Service Desk, Change Management, Incident Management, Asset Management, Problem Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, ServiceNow Scripting, and Service Request Management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Team player with a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and detail oriented with good time-management skills.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty (interim SECRET clearance is acceptable).
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Experience with Defense Security Cooperation Agency.
- Working knowledge of ITIL practices.
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification.
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.