FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a Risk Manager to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to email@example.com.
Position: Risk Manager
Location: Washington, DC (Currently remote due to COVID)
Duration: Several years
Clearance: US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
Supporting our customer in Washington, DC the selected candidate will identify, capture, mitigate, and monitor technical risks associated with a very large IT deployment. Ability to work with technical teams and recommend/guide mitigation activities to reduce the threat of identified risks. Must be able to analyze technical material (documents, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.) and recognize potential risks that need to be addressed. Selected candidate will be expected to produce reports and presentations for senior management that show risk trends and priority actions needed, as well as being able to articulate major areas of concern.
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Must have experience managing Information Technology related projects
- Well versed in lifecycle and project management methodologies
- Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule, and performance progress
- Able to identify and mitigate risks
- Understanding of risk registers and how to manage the overall risk management process
- Background/familiarity with data networks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline, or an additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
- Basic understanding of networking concepts such as VPNs, IAM, cybersecurity, data architecture, data centers, etc.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of technical disciplines (in-depth knowledge not required, but helpful)
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.