FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a Project Manager to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Remote (may have to travel to Wright patterson AFB/ Dayton OH 2x a year.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks as a contractor to the United States Air Force Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS). REMIS is a web-based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing, and reporting equipment maintenance data.
Serve as the Contractor Project Manager (CPM) for the REMIS program. The CPM will work closely with the Design and Technical Leads and key Government stakeholders to transition software development practices from the existing waterfall methodology to agile. The CPM will not directly manage the development team’s agile practices but will rather lead efforts through Design and Technical leads.
Duties / Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Provide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Assemble, lead, and supervise the project team.
- Manage and motivate software developers and other team members.
- Develop and present technical project plans, proposals, reports, and administrative reporting.
- Review future project requirements and develops strategies for future work, ensuring compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- May also perform high-level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Attend customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.
- Interact with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinate development of deliverables and products.
- Ensure quality assurance of project deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Work closely with the FalconTek's Client and Project Management Office Support (PMO) organization.
- Coordinate with Program Manager to ensure that staff utilization is optimized.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 10+ Years’ experience as a technical lead or project manager for software development projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of agile software development cycles and methodologies.
- Must be capable of leading and participating in project teams comprised of government and contract personnel.
- Must possess experience in all phases of project and software development lifecycle as well as authoring and reviewing project documents such as charters, project plans and project transition documents.
- Must have the ability to communicate at all levels, verbally and written, as well as be able to conduct meetings and presentations.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no motivation or oversight.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team environment to complete contractual commitments.
- Ability to accommodate multiple projects.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DoD successfully adjudicated T3 investigation. Most commonly attained with a SECRET clearance (Note: a SECRET clearance is not required but the T3 investigation is necessary).
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Professional certification (PMP) preferred, not required. If no PMP certification, obtain within 120 days.