FalconTek is a GovCon solutions and services provider that supports federal agencies, state governments, and commercial companies. FalconTek has provided support around the globe on mission critical programs since 2008. We rapidly deploy personnel in support of technical, professional, and medical projects.
We are expanding our team and seeking a Jr. System Admin to support our client.
If you have any interest please apply and reach out to email@example.com.
Position: Jr. System Admin
Location: Fort Belvoir
Duration: Several Years
Clearance: Ability to obtain a DoD Public Trust Clearance
Overview: FalconTek is looking for a Systems Administrator Jr to be responsible for planning, coordinating, and installing applications software and hardware. The candidate will install, upgrade, and patch virtual servers; identify and implement enhancements to improve availability, reliability, and performance; configure and troubleshoot security groups; permissions; and settings. Also, will work with developers to migrate applications/solutions from test to production.
- Operate and maintain all production, test, and development systems in a Windows environment.
- Develop, review, and modify changes to schedule of operations for day-to-day operations.
- Optimize the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems and ensures availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of servers.
- Identify system problems that are of an unusual or complex nature and develops corrective action.
- Integrate new technology into new and existing systems to include the transition and migration of applications.
- Participate in the installation and configuration of applications software and the establishment of user environments.
- Participate in developing proposals to enhance operational use of systems hardware and software and keeps abreast of technological advances to ensure continued optimum service.
- Provide technical guidance and instruction to users and other IT specialists.
- Prepare, coordinate, and implement policy and procedures for hardware and software applications system operation.
- Perform other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of the department/contract
- Perform other duties as assigned by Project Manager
Skills and Qualification Required:
- MSCS Certified or equivalent work experience and at a minimum.
- Certified in one of the following: GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, or Security+.
- 1 year of supporting various versions of Microsoft Operating Systems, server 2008 and 2012.
Skills and Qualifications Preferred:
- Attention to detail and continuous quality improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with SQL Server 2012
- Experience with IBM Domino 8.5.x
- Knowledge of Operating Systems Principles
- Knowledge of Network Services
- Skill in Integrating Information System Components
- Skill in System Administration
- Ability to Analyze System Needs
Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/ Check/ Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.