Job Title: Action Officer
Location: DC – remote currently due to COVID-19
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Dept. of VA public Trust
FalconTek is a rapidly growing IT modernization and integration company. Our employees are excited about the work that we do. We deliver and customize leading-edge agile solutions, services and products to mission critical organizations, primarily federal government agencies.
We are currently hiring an Action Officer to support our customer located in Washington, DC (Currently remote due to Covid-19). Please review the requirements below and if you would like to be considered, we encourage you to apply!
Position overview –
Supporting our customer in Washington, DC the selected candidate must have the ability to conduct analysis multiple sources of data (e.g., IDIQs, task orders, schedules, status decks, requirements documents, change control documents). Develop briefing decks for Executive leadership on a recurring and ad hoc basis (e.g., COAs, informational briefings, decision briefings) on a variety of Program Control topics. Develop action item tracking process and associated tooling solution (e.g., MS Teams, SharePoint) for PCD Director. Create a wide variety of documents including, reports, presentations, email communications, spreadsheets. Develop process diagrams as needed. Communicate with action owners and partners.
- 4+ years of professional work experience
- Possesses knowledge of appropriate data sources to address the specific requirements of projects for monitoring, characterization, analysis, and modeling
- Performs scientific research, scientific writing, and editing, including the writing and editing of project products to established government standards for the targeted science and lay audiences, proofreading of draft and final documents
- Works independently
- Attends meetings and workshops to present on project work, participate in discussions
- Master’s degree in Healthcare, Science, Computer Engineering or related scientific, technical, or clinical discipline or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are from Monday through Friday, (day shift) 40-hour week
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: FalconTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: FalconTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.